Ault Park is one of Ohio's most beautiful parks. You can see panoramic views for miles around from the center pavilion. One of the things that makes this park so special is its beautiful display of blooms as the trees bloom in the Spring. We make it a yearly tradition to visit this park during peak blooming season.
Filtering by Category: natural ohio
Ohio has one of the nations best National Parks. Cuyahoga Valley National Park spans multiple cities in Northeast Ohio. We spent Sunday exploring CVNP at our Instameet. We explored Ledges, Blue Hen Falls and Brandywine Falls.
We gathered in the morning at the Happy Days Lodge parking lot near the Ledges trail-head.
We joined Cuyahoga Valley National Park Ranger, Ryan Ainger, for a hike through the Ledges area. We learned that much of the area was carved out by ocean waters millions of years ago. Ranger Ryan led us into some lesser known areas of Ledges that featured mysterious rock carvings and hidden caves.
Mady & Rich's hiking groups explored two of the most beautiful waterfalls in Ohio - Brandywine Falls & Blue Hen Falls!
Check our Instameets page to find dates & times of future Ohio Explored Instameets.
If you know us, you know that we love Sunflowers! Each year we adventure around Ohio to find these sunbathing beauties. Mid-summer through early fall is peak season for blooming Sunflowers. When we received word that some of the first Ohio Sunflowers were blooming at Cottell Park in Mason, Ohio, we quickly ventured out to find the seasonal flowers. The field was already filled with people when we arrived. We loved seeing so many people filled with delight from flowers.
Summer is finally here and that means it's prime time to explore Ohio! Camping is one of our favorite local summer activities. We were lucky enough to grow up near some of Ohio's best campgrounds and parks! Here is our list of Ohio's 20 Best Camping Spots!
20. Kelleys Island State Park - Kelleys Island, Ohio
19. John Bryan State Park - Yellow Springs, Ohio
18. Barkcamp State Park - Belmont, Ohio
17. Grand Lake St. Marys - St. Marys, Ohio
16. Great Seal State Park - Chillicothe, Ohio
15. HUESTON WOODS STATE PARK - COLLEGE CORNER, OHIO
14. Alum Creek State Park - Delaware, Ohio
13. A.W. Marion State Park - Circleville, Ohio
12. Lake Alma State Park - Wellston, Ohio
11. Mary Jane Thurston State Park - McClure, Ohio
10. West Branch State Park - Ravenna, Ohio
9. Lake Hope State Park - McArthur, Ohio
Photo by _lanye on Instagram
8. Deer Creek State Park - Mt. Sterling, Ohio
7. Shawnee State Park - Portsmouth, Ohio
6. Geneva State Park - Geneva, Ohio
5. Scioto Trail State Park - Chillicothe, Ohio
4. Mohican State Park - Loudonville, Ohio
3. Hocking Hills State Park - Logan, Ohio
2. Cuyahoga Valley National Park - Peninsula, Ohio
1. South Bass Island, Put-in-Bay, Ohio
Where are your favorite camping spots in Ohio? Send us your Ohio camping photos using hashtag #OhioExplored! Follow us on Instagram @OhioExplored to Explore Ohio with us every day!
This beautiful public park is located near Toledo, Ohio. Oak Openings Preserve Metropark was recently made famous by a group of popular Instagrammers in the Toledo area. One of those awesome local Instagrammers is @oldmansiggy. He led us around Oak Openings to an area locals call "The NW Ohio Spot" at our March 2017 Instameet.
Apple picking is one of our favorite Fall activities! Ohio has so many great spots where you can pick your own apples. This experience is perfect for a romantic date or a day out with the whole family! Here is our list of 10 Places in Ohio To Go Apple Picking This Fall!
10. CherryHawk Farm Apple Orchard in Marysville, Ohio
9. Burnham Orchards in Berlin Heights
8. Dodd's Hillcrest Orchards in Amherst, Ohio
7. A & M Farm Orchard in Midland, Ohio
6. Bauman Orchards in Rittman, Ohio
5. Hirsch Fruit Farm in Chillicothe, Ohio
4. Kuner's Apple Orchard in Clinton, Ohio
3. Patterson Fruit Farms in Chesterland, Ohio
2. MacQueen Orchards in Holland, Ohio
1. Lynd Fruit Farm in Pataskala, Ohio
Follow @OhioExplored on Instagram for daily Ohio inspiration!
Early every fall Sunflowers blossom all over Ohio. Some live in miles-long fields while others pop up in patches throughout our neighborhoods. These natural beauties only last for a short time. Make sure you go to see them while you can! Here are 5 Spots to Find Sunflowers in Ohio This Fall!
5. Maria's Field of Hope in Avon, Ohio
4. Beavercreek Wetlands in Xenia, OH
3. Yankee Trace in Centerville, OH
2. Tecumseh Land Trust in Yellow Springs, Ohio
1. Gorman Heritage Farm in Evendale, OH
Follow @OhioExplored to see more beautiful Ohio photos daily!
10. Waterspout at Fairport Harbor West Breakwater Light
9. Splashing Waterfalls in Hocking Hills State Park
8. The Devil's Bathtub in Hocking Hills State Park
7. Flying High Above Cleveland, Ohio
6. Gotham Style Cincinnati
5. Snowy Marblehead Lighthouse
4. When the Whole Land Showed Up for the Cavs Victory Parade
3. Clever Hands at Oak Openings Preserve Metropark
2. Amazing Colorful Sunset in Toledo, Ohio
1. Storm brewing on Lake Erie in Ohio
Some people associate Ohio with bad weather and bland landscapes - we are here to prove those people wrong! Ohio actually has lots of natural water areas which make it the perfect place for a peaceful waterfront escape from reality. Here is our list of 14 Places That Make Ohio Look Like a Tropical Paradise!