With climate change as a looming threat to the sustainability of our planet, it is up to consumers to support businesses that strive to make a positive impact on our world instead of a negative one. Luckily, it has never been easier to shop locally and buy with purpose. Ohio has many environmentally conscious small businesses and local artists that are making a difference on a local and global scale with their products and business practices. We curated a list of 10 Eco-Friendly Small Businesses in Ohio! You can start supporting these amazing local businesses today. Meet each of these talented local Makers at one of our upcoming Ohio Maker Marts!
Filtering by Category: Cincinnati
Juice Bars are certainly trendy and for good reason. They typically focus on serving healthy, locally-sourced juices and meals. Ohio is home to some of the best Juice Bars in the world. We made a list of our favorites! Here are 10 Healthy Juice Bars in Ohio.
10. Off the Vine - Cincinnati, Ohio
Photo by Off The Vine Juice Bar via Facebook
9. Midwest Juicery - Toledo, Ohio (served a several locations)
Photo by Midwest Juicery via Facebook
8. Daily Press Juice - Cleveland, Ohio
Photo by Daily Press Juice via Facebook
7. Green Farm Juicery - Blue Ash, Ohio
Photo by Green Farm Juicery via Facebook
6. Zest Juice - Columbus, Ohio
Photo by Zest Juice via Facebook
5. Rooted Juicery & Kitchen - Cincinnati, Ohio
Photo by Rooted Juicery & Kitchen via rootedjuicery.com
4. Beet Jar Juicebar & Takeaway - Cleveland, Ohio
Photo by Beet Jar Juicebar & Takeaway via Facebook
3. Native Cold Pressed - Columbus, Ohio
Photo by Native Cold Pressed via Facebook
2. Alchemy - Columbus, Ohio
Photo by Alchemy in Columbus, Ohio
1. Restore Cold Pressed - Cleveland, Ohio
Photo by Restore Cold Pressed via restorecoldpressed.com
Did your favorite local Juice Bar make it onto our list? Let us know via the form below.
Featured Photo by Native Cold Pressed via Facebook
We think it is safe to say that Ohio is the new craft beer capital of the US. Want proof? Ohio's 3 largest cities (Columbus, Cleveland, and Cincinnati) are filled to the brim with nationally ranked craft breweries and our small towns represent with their high quality brews. Here is our list of the 40 Best Craft Breweries in Ohio. Make sure to try them all!
40. Kindred Brewing - Columbus, Ohio
Photo by Kindred Brewing via Facebook
39. Wild Ohio Brewing Company - Columbus, Ohio
Photo by Wild Ohio Brewing Company via Facebook
38. March First Brewing - Cincinnati, Ohio
Photo by March First Brewing via Facebook
37. BrewDog USA - Canal Winchester, Ohio
Photo by BrewDog USA via Facebook
36. HiHO Brewing Company - Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Photo by HiHO Brewing via Facebook
35. Star City Brewing Company - Miamisburg, Ohio
Photo by Star City Brewing Company
34. Terrestrial Brewing Company - Cleveland, Ohio
Photo by Terrestrial Brewing Company via Facebook
33. The Brew Kettle - Strongsville, Ohio
Photo by The Brew Kettle via Facebook
32. The Phoenix Brewing Company - Mansfield, Ohio
Photo by The Phoenix Brewing Company via Facebook
31. Weasel Boy Brewing - Zanesville, Ohio
Photo by Weasel Boy Brewing via Facebook
30. Black Cloister Brewing Company - Toledo, Ohio
Photo by Black Cloister Brewing Company via Facebook
29. Mt. Carmel Brewing Company - Cincinnati, Ohio
Photo by Mt. Carmel Brewing Company via Facebook
28. Columbus Brewing Company - Columbus, Ohio
Photo by Columbus Brewing Company via Facebook
27. Jackie O's Brewery - Athens, Ohio
Photo by Jackie O's Brewery via Facebook
26. 16 Lots Brewing Company - Mason, Ohio
Photo by 16 Lots Brewing Company via Facebook
25. Lockport Brewery - Bolivar, Ohio
Photo by Lockport Brewery via Facebook
24. Rockmill Brewery - Lancaster, Ohio
Photo by Rockmill Brewery via Instagram
23. Hoppin' Frog Brewery - Akron, Ohio
Photo by Hoppin' Frog Brewery via Facebook
22. Brick And Barrel - Cleveland, Ohio
Photo by Brick And Barrel via Facebook
21. FigLeaf Brewing Company - Middletown, Ohio
Photo by FigLeaf Brewing Company via Facebook
20. Rivertown Brewery and Barrel House - Monroe, Ohio
Photo by Rivertown Brewery and Barrel House via Facebook
19. The Woodburn Brewery - Cincinnati, Ohio
Photo by The Woodburn Brewery via Facebook
18. Crooked Handle Brewing Co. - Springboro, Ohio
Photo by Crooked Handle Brewing Co. via Facebook
17. Fat Head’s Brewery & Tap House - Middleburg Heights, Ohio
Photo by Fat Head's Brewery via Facebook
16. Christian Moerlein Brewing - Cincinnati, Ohio
Photo by Christian Moerlein Brewing via Facebook
15. Great Lakes Brewing Company - Cleveland, Ohio
Photo by Great Lakes Brewing Company via Facebook
14. Nine Giant Brewing - Cincinnati, Ohio
Photo by Nine Giant Brewing via Facebook
13. Lineage Brewing - Columbus, Ohio
Photo by Lineage Brewing via Facebook
12. Warped Wing Brewing Company - Dayton, Ohio
Photo by Warped Wing Brewing Company via Facebook
11. Masthead Brewing - Cleveland, Ohio
Photo by Masthead Brewing via Facebook
10. Listermann Brewing Company - Cincinnati, Ohio
Photo by Listermann Brewing Company via Facebook
9. Land-Grant Brewing Company - Columbus, Ohio
Photo by Land-Grant Brewing Company via Facebook
8. Brink Brewing - Cincinnati, Ohio
Photo by Brink Brewing via Facebook
7. Seventh Son Brewing - Columbus, Ohio
Photo by Seventh Son via Facebook
6. Platform Beer Co - Cleveland, Ohio
Photo by Platform Beer Co via Facebook
5. Wolf’s Ridge Brewing - Columbus, Ohio
Photo by Wolf’s Ridge Brewing via Facebook
4. Taft's Ale House - Cincinnati, Ohio
Photo by Taft's Ale House via Facebook
3. Rhinegeist Brewery - Cincinnati, Ohio
Photo by Rhinegeist via Facebook
2. Yellow Springs Brewery - Yellow Springs, Ohio
Photo by Yellow Springs Brewery on Facebook
1. Urban Artifact - Cincinnati, Ohio
Photo by Urban Artifact via Facebook
Did your favorite Ohio brewery make it onto our list? Let us know via the form below.
Featured Photo by HiHO Brewing via Facebook
I scream, you scream, we all scream for... you know the rest. ICE CREAM! We have a livelong love for Ohio's locally made ice creams. From super creamy classics to modern spiked flavors, Ohio has an ice cream shop for everyone. We made a list of our favorites. Here is our list of the 20 Best Ice Cream Shops in Ohio.
20. Piccadilly Artisan Creamery - Cleveland, Ohio
Photo by Piccadilly Artisan Creamery via Facebook
19. Mr G's Barn - Toledo, Ohio
Photo by Mr G's Barn via Facebook
18. Mason’s Creamery - Cleveland, Ohio
Photo by @bre_cheezin via Instagram
17. Buzzed Bull Creamery - Cincinnati, Ohio
Photo by Buzzed Bull Creamery via Facebook
16. Dietsch Brothers - Findlay, Ohio
15. Tremont Scoops - Cleveland, Ohio
Photo by Tremont Scoops via Facebook
14. Mardi Gras Homemade Ice Cream - Columbus, Ohio
13. Cowhaus Creamery - Oberlin, Ohio
Photo by Cowhaus Creamery via Facebook
12. Tom's Ice Cream Bowl - Zanesville, Ohio
Photo by Becca W. via Yelp
11. Hello Honey - Cincinnati, Ohio
Photo by Mimi B. via Yelp
10. Aglamesis Bros - Cincinnati, Ohio
Photo by Aglamesis Brothers on Facebook
9. Pav's Creamery - Akron, Ohio
Photo by Pav's Creamery on Facebook
8. Z's Cream & Bean - Hinckley, Ohio
7. Young's Jersey Dairy - Yellow Springs, Ohio
Photo by Karuna Z. via Yelp
6. Sweet Moses - Cleveland, Ohio
Photo by Sweet Moses via Yelp
5. Velvet Ice Cream - Utica, Ohio
Photo by Velvet Ice Cream via Facebook
4. Honey Hut Ice Cream - Cleveland, Ohio
Photo by Honey Hut Ice Cream via Facebook
3. Graeter's Ice Cream - Cincinnati, Ohio
Photo by Graeter's Ice Cream via Facebook
2. Mitchell's Homemade Ice Cream - Cleveland, Ohio
Photo by Mitchell's Homemade Ice Cream via Facebook
1. Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream - Columbus, Ohio
Photos by Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream via Facebook
Did your favorite local Ice Cream Shop make our list? Submit your favorite via the form below.
Featured photo byJeni's Splendid Ice Cream
We never turn down a good taco. From authentic Mexican cuisine to modern fusion flavors, Ohio has some of the best fresh taco shops around. Have you ever wondered where to find the best tacos in Ohio? Look no further. Here is our list of 20 Tasty Taco Shops in Ohio.
20. Nada - Cincinnati, Ohio
Photo by Nada via eatdrinknada.com
19. Taqueria Tres Hermanos - Dayton, Ohio
Photo by Taqueria Tres Hermanos via Facebook
18. Uncle Tito's Mexican Grill - Akron, Ohio
Photo by Uncle Tito's Mexican Grill via Facebook
17. Camino - Cleveland, Ohio
Photo by Camino via Facebook
16. Taqueria La Loma - Akron, Ohio
Photo by C D. on Yelp
15. Tapatias Taqueria - Cleveland, Ohio
14. Chiapas Mexican Grill - Dayton, Ohio
13. Barrio - Cleveland, Ohio
Photo by Barrio via Facebook
12. Guerra's Krazy Taco - Springfield, Ohio
Photo by Guerra's Krazy Taco via Facebook
11. Fresco Mexican Grill & Salsa Bar - Kent, Ohio
Photo by Fresco Mexican Grill & Salsa Bar via Facebook
10. Taqueria Mixteca - Dayton, Ohio
Photo by Nicole D. via Yelp
9. Condado - Columbus, Ohio
Photo by Condado via Facebook
8. Cuco's Taqueria - Columbus, Ohio
Photo by Cuco's Taqueria via Facebook
7. El Camino - Cincinnati, Ohio
Photo by El Camino via Facebook
6. La Super Torta - Columbus, Ohio
Photo by Niki V. via Yelp
5. Gomez Salsa - Cincinnati, Ohio
4. OH Taco - Sandusky, Ohio
Photo by Oh Taco via Facebook
3. Bakersfield - Cincinnati, Ohio
Photo by Bakersfield via Facebook
2. La Plaza Supermarket - Cleveland, Ohio
1. Mazunte - Cincinnati, Ohio
Photo by Mazunte via Facebook
Did your local taco spot make our list? Send us your favorite Ohio taco places via the form below.
Art enlightens us. It speaks to our souls. Artists communicate their culture, identity, thoughts and feelings through their creations. Often works of art mean different things to different people. That is what makes it so beautiful. We are lucky that Ohio has some of the world's best Art Museums! Here is our list of 20 Enlightening Art Museums in Ohio.
20. Taft Museum of Art - Cincinnati, Ohio
Photo by Taft Museum of Art via Facebook
19. Decorative Arts Center of Ohio - Lancaster, Ohio
18. Massillon Museum - Massillon, Ohio
Photo by Massillon Museum via Facebook
17. Springfield Museum of Art - Springfield, Ohio
16. Miami University Art Museum - Oxford, Ohio
15. Wexner Center of the Arts - Columbus, Ohio
14. Zanesville Museum of Art - Zanesville, Ohio
13. Fitton Center For Creative Arts - Hamilton, Ohio
12. Allen Memorial Art Museum - Oberlin, Ohio
11. Canton Museum of Art - Canton, Ohio
Photo by Canton Museum of Art on Facebook
10. The Dayton Art Institute - Dayton, Ohio
9. Columbus Museum of Art - Columbus, Ohio
Photo by Columbus Museum of Art via Facebook
8. The Butler Institute of American Art - Youngstown, Ohio
7. Museum of Contemporary Art Cleveland - Cleveland, Ohio
Photo by Museum of Contemporary Art Cleveland via Facebook
6. 21c Museum Hotel - Cincinnati, Ohio
Photo of Deborah Berke Partners via Facebook
5. Cincinnati Art Museum - Cincinnati, Ohio
Photo by Cincinnati Art Museum via Facebook
4. Akron Art Museum - Akron, Ohio
Photo by Akron Art Museum via Facebook
3. Cleveland Museum of Art - Cleveland, Ohio
2. Contemporary Arts Center - Cincinnati, Ohio
1. Toledo Museum of Art - Toledo, Ohio
Photo by Toledo Museum of Art via Facebook
Did your favorite Ohio Art Museum make our list? Submit your local Art Museum via the form below.
We are always on the hunt for the perfect pizza. Luckily, Ohio has some of the best pizza shops in the world so we do not ever have to travel far. We asked our Instagram followers to tell us their favorite pizza places which helped us create our list. Get ready to take a pizza road trip around Ohio to try these 20 Sizzling Pizza Places in Ohio.
20. Mohio - Delaware, Ohio
19. Brimfield Bread Oven - Kent, Ohio
18. Dewey's Pizza - Cincinnati, Ohio
17. Wheat Penny - Dayton, Ohio
16. Two Cities Pizza - Mason, Ohio
15. 3 Palms Pizzeria - Hudson, Ohio
14. Park Street Pizza - Sugarcreek, Ohio
13. Cocca's Pizza Boardman - Youngstown, Ohio
12. Goodfellas Pizzeria - Cincinnati, Ohio
11. 5th Street Pub - Perrysburg, Ohio
10. Angelo's - Lakewood, Ohio
9. Forno Kitchen + Bar
8. Citizen Pie - Cleveland, Ohio
7. Paulie Gee's Short North - Columbus, Ohio
6. Mia Bella Restaurant - Cleveland, Ohio
5. Crust - Cleveland, Ohio
4. Harlow’s - Lakewood, Ohio
3. Old Scratch Pizza - Dayton, Ohio
2. A Tavola Bar + Trattoria - Cincinnati, Ohio
1. Harvest Pizzeria - Columbus & Cincinnati, Ohio
Did your favorite local pizza shop make our list? Tell us your favorite Ohio pizza places via the form below.
Featured Photo by Harlow's Pizza
We love following local bloggers on Instagram. These awesome Ohioans are always exploring cool spaces and delicious restaurants. No matter your style or taste, you can find an Ohio blogger to connect with. We compiled a list of 25 Ohio Bloggers to Follow on Instagram. These are some of the best bloggers in Ohio. Follow them and come along on their Ohio adventures!
25. Hummusapien - @hummusapien - Columbus, Ohio
24. Cle Vegan - @cle_vegan - Cleveland, Ohio
23. The Samantha Show - @samantha_show_ - Cleveland, Ohio
22. My Life From Home - @mylifefromhome - Cincinnati, Ohio
21. Whole Living Lauren - @wholelivinglauren - Columbus, Ohio
20. My Versatile Style - @itsmemeach - Cleveland, Ohio
19. Eating Books - @eatingb00ks - Columbus, Ohio
18. Girl About Columbus - @girlaboutcolumbus - Columbus, Ohio
17. Two Girls One Cbus - @twogirlsonecbus - Columbus, Ohio
16. An Explorer's Heart - @anexplorersheart - Columbus, Ohio
15. DDOTTS - @ddotts_ - Cincinnati, Ohio
14. Kasual Life - @kasuallife - Columbus, Ohio
13. Are You Kitchen Me - @areyoukitchenme - Columbus, Ohio
12. Columbus Foodie - @columbus_foodie - Columbus, Ohio
11. Queen City Foodie - @queencityfoodie - Cincinnati, Ohio
10. Merlot & Chat - @merlotandchat - Dayton, Ohio
9. Eat Play Cbus - @eatplaycbus - Columbus, Ohio
8. That's What She Eats - @thatswhatsheeats - Cleveland, Ohio
7. Vino In The Village - @emilyvdw - Columbus, Ohio
6. Simply Taylor - @simplytaylorblog - Columbus, Ohio
5. Foods of Jane - @foodsofjane - Cleveland, Ohio
4. Our City House - @ourcityhouse - Cincinnati, Ohio
3. Breakfast With Nick - @breakfastwithnick - Columbus, Ohio
2. Out + Outfit - @outandoutfit - Cincinnati, Ohio
1. Natalie Was Here - @nataliefolchi - Columbus, Oho
Did your favorite Ohio bloggers make our list? Tell us your favorites via the form below.
Featured Photo by @nataliefolchi
Ohio has some of the best coffee shops in the world. Last year, we toured Ohio to visit our followers' favorite coffee spots. During our adventure, we found that Ohio has some amazing coffee shops! Here is our list of the 10 Best Coffee Shops in Ohio.
10. Fox in the Snow Cafe - Columbus, Ohio
9. Six Shooter Coffee - Cleveland, Ohio
8. Maddie & Bella Coffee Roasters - Perrysburg, Ohio
7. Sure House Coffee - Wooster, Ohio
6. The Roosevelt Coffeehouse - Columbus, Ohio
5. Paper City Coffee - Chillicothe, Ohio
4. Coffee Emporium - Cincinnati, Ohio
3. Urbana Cafe - Cincinnati, Ohio
2. Rising Star Coffee Roasters Hingetown - Cleveland, Ohio
1. Rustbelt Coffee - Toledo, Ohio
Did your favorite coffeehouse make the cut? Tell us your favorite coffee shops in Ohio via the form below.
Shopping local has so many benefits! When you support local businesses, you make a positive impact on the world around you.
10. Know Your Makers - Shopping local gives you the opportunity to know the people who make your products. Local business owners have more accountability than "Big Box" store owners. If something is wrong with your purchase, you can speak directly with the person in power to fix your problem. No long customer service calls. Since local products are made near you, most can be customized to meet your specific needs. You can take personalization to a whole new level.
9. Strengthen Your Economy - When you support local businesses, you directly boost your local economy. Strong locally owned businesses raise property values. They also put their taxes back into your local economy. Local business owners tend to support other local businesses - so your local purchase starts a cycle of local support! Studies show that 68% of money spent locally stays local compared to less than 50% at chain stores. Strong local businesses inspire more competition and foster innovation. More competition = better products & services + more choices for consumers.
8. Create Jobs - Local businesses hire locals to staff their companies. These jobs tend to have higher wages and better benefits. Local businesses always create local jobs.
7. Support Local Families - When you make a local purchase, you directly support local families. Many families of small business owners struggle to make ends meet each month. Your support literally puts food on their tables and a roof over their heads. Often people vocally support their favorite local businesses without actually financially supporting that business as well. While word of mouth is fantastic, it does not pay the bills. Small local businesses rely on neighbors and community members to keep them alive.
6. Find Better Quality Products - Locally made products are made with love. The artists & makers that create each product, care deeply about the quality of their goods. Local small business owners know that they are going to be held accountable if their products are sub-par.
5. Get Healthy - When local makers create products by hand, they are very careful about which ingredients go into their products. Makers tend to create more eco-friendly products. Some of the world's best natural goods companies are located in Ohio! Food is also healthier when grown locally. It is easy to find out exactly where your local foods come from. Not a fan of pesticides and preservatives? Always shop local!
4. Vote With Your Dollars - "Get Political" - Make sure the businesses and organizations that you are financially supporting with your purchases are aligned with your values. With local businesses, it is easy to find out where their profits go. For example, you can choose to shop at your locally owned grocery store which directly supports your local agricultural industry OR you can choose to shop at Walmart and directly support unethical labor, unfair wages, and the killing of small businesses in America. Let's just say, most local business owners are WOKE AF.
3. Build Community - When you shop local, you build meaningful connections & relationships with business owners in your community. When neighbors take care of neighbors, communities are stronger. Local non-profits receive more support from locally owned businesses. Strong local businesses create a more unique community - which in turn attracts travelers and tourists to explore your town. Communities that support their local businesses thrive.
2. Save The Environment - Choosing local has a direct impact on the environment on a local and global scale. Since local shops are near your home, you can walk, bike, or take public transit to go shopping - which eliminates nitrogen oxides, carbon monoxide, and other pollution from cars. You can also reduce the transportation impact from traveling goods. To make mass-produced products, there is a long chain of processes which all negatively impact the environment. When you buy from a local Maker, your product makes a much smaller footprint on the environment. Some local Makers strive to make only positive impacts on the environment with their products and their business practices.
1. Buy Way Cooler Stuff - Locally made products are always more unique than mass-produced products. Wear a locally made necklace to work and we guarantee you will experience "where did you get that" moments. And you will feel good while wearing it! Local artists & makers are simply following their true calling. It is their destiny to create. They are the mediums through which amazing ideas are transformed into real life creations. There is a special energy transferred in handmade goods. When you purchase a locally made good, you are also buying the positive vibes instilled from the product's creator.
Featured Local Shop: Fern Shop Cincinnati // Photos by Rikki at Ohio Explored
Shop Local at our Ohio Maker Marts!
There is no place like Ohio for the Holidays! Get into the Holiday spirit by attending these festive activities and events in Ohio! Here is our list of 20 Festive Holiday Activities & Events in Ohio.
20. Ohio Explored Holiday Maker Mart - Cincinnati, Ohio
19. City Flea Holiday Market at Washington Park - Cincinnati, Ohio
18. Merry & Bright at the Franklin Park Conservatory - Columbus, Ohio
17. Photowalk: OTR aGlow at Park & Vine - Cincinnati, Ohio
16. Horse Drawn Sleigh Rides at Spiegel Grove - Fremont, Ohio
15. Dickens Victorian Village - Cambridge, Ohio
14. A Whimsical Wonderland Holiday Show at Krohn Conservatory - Cincinnati, Ohio
13. Christmas Cookie Tour of Inns - Holmes County, Ohio
12. Holiday Dinner, 12 Days of Christmas at the Culinary Vegetable Institute - Milan, Ohio
11. Polar Express at Dennison Depot - Dennison, Ohio
10. Light Up Toledo! Holiday Art Loop - Toledo, Ohio
9. A Storybook Christmas - Zanesville, Ohio
8. Santa Hustle 5K and Half Marathon - Sandusky, Ohio
7. Winter at the Wilds - New Concord, Ohio
6. Decemburr Dash 5K - Columbus, Ohio
5. Mariemont Annual Tree Lighting at Luminary Event
4. Luminaria Holiday Event at the Cincinnati Observatory
3. A Christmas Story House - Cleveland, Ohio
2. Christmas in Ash Cave - Logan, Ohio
1. Lighting of the Serpent at Serpent Mound
Do you know of any other awesome Holiday events in Ohio? Email us at email@example.com to add them to our next list!
Follow us @OhioExplored to see daily Ohio inspiration!
Magical twinkling lights turn dreary winter scenes into mystical winter wonderlands! Make sure to catch one of Ohio's beautiful holiday light shows while they are here. We made a list of 10 Magical Ohio Holiday Lights to help you plan your Ohio Lights visits this winter!
10. Festival of Lights at the Cincinnati Zoo - Cincinnati, Ohio
9. Ohio Chinese Lantern Festival - Columbus, Ohio
8. Alum Creek Fantasy of Lights - Delaware, Ohio
7. Wildlights at the Columbus Zoo - Columbus, Ohio
6. Woodland Lights – Dayton, Ohio
5. Wild Lights at The Akron Zoo - Akron, Ohio
4. Glow at the Cleveland Botanical Garden - Cleveland, Ohio
3. Deck the Hall at Stan Hywet Hall & Gardens - Akron, Ohio
2. Lights Before Christmas at the Toledo Zoo - Toledo, Ohio
1. The Legendary Lights of Clifton Mill – Clifton, Ohio
Follow us on Instagram at @OhioExplored to see more beautiful place to explore in Ohio!
Our favorite local supermarket does a great job of helping us prepare for each season. We can always count on Jungle Jim's to have the best foods for every holiday. This Halloween, we have committed to only giving out Ohio Made treats! We went to Jungle Jim's to find our Ohio Made treats. Here are 9 of our favorites!
9. Honey Filled Candy by Windy Acres
8. Candy Apples by Jungle Jim's
7. Pumpkin Cookies by Buskin
6. Gluten Free Pumpkin Pecan Crunch Cake by Tina's Sweet Treats
5. Juju Pumpkins by Backroad Country
4. Creepy Bacon Chocolate Piggy Pops by Ruby's Squeal Appeal
3. Dum Dums by Spangler Candy Company
2. Boo Cake by Jungle Jim's Bakery
1. Brain Cake by Jungle Jim's Bakery
Make sure to visit Jungle Jim's International Market this Halloween to stock up on Ohio Made treats!
Cincinnati's first Blink festival was a must experience event. As one of the largest projection-mapping light shows in the nation, Blink brought together a diverse group of people to celebrate light. Local artists built light exhibits spanning 20 blocks across the city. We experienced the festival on Friday night. It was absolutely beautiful (the lights and the unity).
Blink runs from October 12-15 in downtown Cincinnati.
We are fans of sauces at Ohio Explored, especially when those sauces are made in Ohio! Our favorite local grocery store has a whole section dedicated to sauces including many of those that are locally made. Here is our list of 8 Ohio Made Sauces. All of these sauces & makers will be featured at Jungle Jim's Weekend of Fire on October 7th & 8th!
1. Sugar & Spice Gourmet Salsa - Made in Waynesville, Ohio
2. Chili Rocks Hot Sauce - Made in Cincinnati, Ohio
3. CaJohns Fiery Foods Co. - Made in Westerville, Ohio
4. Campana's Hot Sauce - Made in Lorain, Ohio
5. Angry Irishman Chipotle Mustard Sauce - Made in Bowling Green, Ohio
6. Spicy Chub Rub - Made in Beavercreek, Ohio
7. Black Swamp Gourmet Barbeque Sauce - Made in Toledo, Ohio
Jungle Jim's has aisles full of amazing sauces. They even have a section dedicated to Ohio Made sauces. From spicy (like very very spicy) to sweet, you can find all the sauces of your wildest dreams here.
Taste all of these amazing Ohio Made sauces and many more this weekend at Jungle Jim's Weekend of Fire!
We love cheese! When we found out about the new cheese shop opening in the Over-The-Rhine neighborhood of Cincinnati, we were thrilled! The Rhined is an artisanal Cheese shop that carries Ohio Made cheese as well as many other high quality American cheeses. We recently took the Cheese 101 course offered by The Rhined!
We joined 14 other cheese lovers for a night of cheese tastings at The Rhined. Owner, Stephanie Webster, took us on a tour of 7 cheeses from all over the US. Our favorite cheese was a local cheese made in Kentucky called Kentucky Rose! Yum!
The Rhined uses handmade pottery as their dishes. Do you recognize this beautiful local pottery? It was made by our June 2017 Ohio Maker of The Month RHEINOceramics!
Jungle Jim's International Markets are known for their amazing selection of foods from around the world. But did you know that they also have an enormous local selection of Ohio Made Products? That is no surprise to those who know the Jungle Jim's story because the founder of Jungle Jim's is an Ohioan! People come from all over the world to visit this amazing Ohio Market. We are lucky enough to call Jungle Jim's our weekly grocery store. At Ohio Explored, we make an effort to make all of our purchases from locally owned companies. Jungle Jim's makes it easy for us by offering so many awesome Ohio Made products and by being Ohio-owned. Shopping at Jungle Jim's is a win/win for Ohioans wanting to support local.
Here is our list of 20 Ohio Made Products You Can Find At Jungle Jim's! These are some of our favorites but there are many more Ohio Made brands & products to try at Jungle Jim's. There are thousands of Ohio Made items throughout the store. Let us know your favorites on Instagram!
20. Granola - The Toasted Oat Bakehouse - Made in Columbus, Ohio
19. Chips - OH! Chips - Made in Columbus, Ohio
18. Salsa - A Bit Of A Bite Salsa - Made in Miamisburg, Ohio
17. Spices - Aimee's Blue Ribbon Spices - Made in Granville, Ohio
16. Pasta Sauce - The Organic Farm At Bear Creek - Made in Felicity, Ohio
15. Herbal Tea - The Herbal Sage - Made in Pomeroy, Ohio
14. Free Range Eggs - The Dale Filbrun Family - Made in West Alexandria, Ohio
13. Milk - Hartzler Family Dairy - Made in Wooster, Ohio
12. Kombucha - Fab Ferments - Made in Cincinnati, Ohio
11. Kimchee - The Pickled Pig - Made in Cincinnati, Ohio
10. Gluten Free Treats - Tina's Sweet Treats - Made in Franklin, Ohio
9. Pure Honey - Don Popp's Honey Farm - Made in Hamilton, Ohio
8. Pure Maple Syrup - Bissell Maple Farm - Made in Rock Creek, Ohio
7. Fresh Bread - Blue Oven Bakery - Made in Cincinnati, Ohio
6. Craft Beer - Rhinegeist - Made in Cincinnati, Ohio
5. Ice Cream - Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams - Made in Columbus, Ohio
4. Wine - Meranda-Nixon Winery - Made in Ripley, Ohio
3. Cheese - Heini's - Made in Millersburg, Ohio
2. Butter - Troyer - Made in Millersburg, Ohio
1. Produce - Grown by many local farms in Ohio (some within miles from Jungle Jim's)
If you know us, you know that we love Sunflowers! Each year we adventure around Ohio to find these sunbathing beauties. Mid-summer through early fall is peak season for blooming Sunflowers. When we received word that some of the first Ohio Sunflowers were blooming at Cottell Park in Mason, Ohio, we quickly ventured out to find the seasonal flowers. The field was already filled with people when we arrived. We loved seeing so many people filled with delight from flowers.
We were fortunate to get a behind the scenes look at the studio of local artist Ellebrux. Owner, Laura Brooks, was kind enough to allow us to hang out in her Northside Cincinnati studio yesterday afternoon. We are so impressed by this woman's talent. She hand makes everything from jewelry to art and gifts. Make sure to check out our interview with Laura from Ellebrux to learn more about her business and background. Meet Ellbrux on December 3rd at our Ohio Explored Holiday Maker Mart!
Follow @ellebrux on Instagram!
We asked our Instagram followers about their favorite local pizza places! After reviewing over 600 submissions, we complied the top 100 into this handy list. Over the next few months we will be traveling Ohio to taste the Top 10 pizza places that received the most nominations. Without further adieu, here are your top 100+ Best Pizza Places in Ohio!
Brick Oven Brew Pub
Noce Gourmet Pizza
Beavercreek Pizza Drive
Pies & Pints
Myles Pizza Pub
Crumb & Spigot
Fire and Stone Pizzeria
Five Buroughs Pizza
Bam! Healthy Cuisine
Humble Wine Bar
Gillespie's Map Room
Citizen Pie (Collinwood)
Dante Next Door
Bono (Upper Arlington)
Yellow Brick Pizza
The Red Brick Tap & Grille
Paulie Gee’s (Short North)
Natalie's Coal Fired Pizza
Local Roots (Powell)
Mikey’s Late Night Slice
Rubino’s Pizza (Bexely)
Bexley Pizza Plus
The Flying Pizza
Old Scratch Pizza
Gabby's Place Bar and Restaurant
The Dennison Yard
Bahler Street Pizza
Brimfield Bread Oven
Fat Jack’s Pizza
Simple Fire Pizza
The Original Pizza Place
Perrysburg (Toledo Area)
5th Street Pub
BoneyFiddle Pie Factory
The Hickory Inn Pizza
Park Street Pizza
J&G Pizza Palace
Home Slice Pizza
Tremont (Cleveland Area)
Village Cornerstone Restaurant
Pizza by Robert
Russo's Wood Fired Pizza
Did your favorite Ohio pizza place make our list? If not, let us know on Instagram!