With climate change as a looming threat to the sustainability of our planet, it is up to consumers to support businesses that strive to make a positive impact on our world instead of a negative one. Luckily, it has never been easier to shop locally and buy with purpose. Ohio has many environmentally conscious small businesses and local artists that are making a difference on a local and global scale with their products and business practices. We curated a list of 10 Eco-Friendly Small Businesses in Ohio! You can start supporting these amazing local businesses today. Meet each of these talented local Makers at one of our upcoming Ohio Maker Marts!
Ultimate Ohio Explored Getaway Raffle Package (worth more than $1000)
3 Ways to Enter Our Ultimate Ohio Explored Getaway Raffle
Summer Maker Mart attendees will receive one complimentary raffle ticket each
Purchase raffle tickets online ($5 each)
Purchase additional raffle tickets during our Summer Maker Mart
Limit 10 raffle tickets per person
Juice Bars are certainly trendy and for good reason. They typically focus on serving healthy, locally-sourced juices and meals. Ohio is home to some of the best Juice Bars in the world. We made a list of our favorites! Here are 10 Healthy Juice Bars in Ohio.
10. Off the Vine - Cincinnati, Ohio
Photo by Off The Vine Juice Bar via Facebook
9. Midwest Juicery - Toledo, Ohio (served a several locations)
Photo by Midwest Juicery via Facebook
8. Daily Press Juice - Cleveland, Ohio
Photo by Daily Press Juice via Facebook
7. Green Farm Juicery - Blue Ash, Ohio
Photo by Green Farm Juicery via Facebook
6. Zest Juice - Columbus, Ohio
Photo by Zest Juice via Facebook
5. Rooted Juicery & Kitchen - Cincinnati, Ohio
Photo by Rooted Juicery & Kitchen via rootedjuicery.com
4. Beet Jar Juicebar & Takeaway - Cleveland, Ohio
Photo by Beet Jar Juicebar & Takeaway via Facebook
3. Native Cold Pressed - Columbus, Ohio
Photo by Native Cold Pressed via Facebook
2. Alchemy - Columbus, Ohio
Photo by Alchemy in Columbus, Ohio
1. Restore Cold Pressed - Cleveland, Ohio
Photo by Restore Cold Pressed via restorecoldpressed.com
Did your favorite local Juice Bar make it onto our list? Let us know via the form below.
Featured Photo by Native Cold Pressed via Facebook
We think it is safe to say that Ohio is the new craft beer capital of the US. Want proof? Ohio's 3 largest cities (Columbus, Cleveland, and Cincinnati) are filled to the brim with nationally ranked craft breweries and our small towns represent with their high quality brews. Here is our list of the 40 Best Craft Breweries in Ohio. Make sure to try them all!
40. Kindred Brewing - Columbus, Ohio
Photo by Kindred Brewing via Facebook
39. Wild Ohio Brewing Company - Columbus, Ohio
Photo by Wild Ohio Brewing Company via Facebook
38. March First Brewing - Cincinnati, Ohio
Photo by March First Brewing via Facebook
37. BrewDog USA - Canal Winchester, Ohio
Photo by BrewDog USA via Facebook
36. HiHO Brewing Company - Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Photo by HiHO Brewing via Facebook
35. Star City Brewing Company - Miamisburg, Ohio
Photo by Star City Brewing Company
34. Terrestrial Brewing Company - Cleveland, Ohio
Photo by Terrestrial Brewing Company via Facebook
33. The Brew Kettle - Strongsville, Ohio
Photo by The Brew Kettle via Facebook
32. The Phoenix Brewing Company - Mansfield, Ohio
Photo by The Phoenix Brewing Company via Facebook
31. Weasel Boy Brewing - Zanesville, Ohio
Photo by Weasel Boy Brewing via Facebook
30. Black Cloister Brewing Company - Toledo, Ohio
Photo by Black Cloister Brewing Company via Facebook
29. Mt. Carmel Brewing Company - Cincinnati, Ohio
Photo by Mt. Carmel Brewing Company via Facebook
28. Columbus Brewing Company - Columbus, Ohio
Photo by Columbus Brewing Company via Facebook
27. Jackie O's Brewery - Athens, Ohio
Photo by Jackie O's Brewery via Facebook
26. 16 Lots Brewing Company - Mason, Ohio
Photo by 16 Lots Brewing Company via Facebook
25. Lockport Brewery - Bolivar, Ohio
Photo by Lockport Brewery via Facebook
24. Rockmill Brewery - Lancaster, Ohio
Photo by Rockmill Brewery via Instagram
23. Hoppin' Frog Brewery - Akron, Ohio
Photo by Hoppin' Frog Brewery via Facebook
22. Brick And Barrel - Cleveland, Ohio
Photo by Brick And Barrel via Facebook
21. FigLeaf Brewing Company - Middletown, Ohio
Photo by FigLeaf Brewing Company via Facebook
20. Rivertown Brewery and Barrel House - Monroe, Ohio
Photo by Rivertown Brewery and Barrel House via Facebook
19. The Woodburn Brewery - Cincinnati, Ohio
Photo by The Woodburn Brewery via Facebook
18. Crooked Handle Brewing Co. - Springboro, Ohio
Photo by Crooked Handle Brewing Co. via Facebook
17. Fat Head’s Brewery & Tap House - Middleburg Heights, Ohio
Photo by Fat Head's Brewery via Facebook
16. Christian Moerlein Brewing - Cincinnati, Ohio
Photo by Christian Moerlein Brewing via Facebook
15. Great Lakes Brewing Company - Cleveland, Ohio
Photo by Great Lakes Brewing Company via Facebook
14. Nine Giant Brewing - Cincinnati, Ohio
Photo by Nine Giant Brewing via Facebook
13. Lineage Brewing - Columbus, Ohio
Photo by Lineage Brewing via Facebook
12. Warped Wing Brewing Company - Dayton, Ohio
Photo by Warped Wing Brewing Company via Facebook
11. Masthead Brewing - Cleveland, Ohio
Photo by Masthead Brewing via Facebook
10. Listermann Brewing Company - Cincinnati, Ohio
Photo by Listermann Brewing Company via Facebook
9. Land-Grant Brewing Company - Columbus, Ohio
Photo by Land-Grant Brewing Company via Facebook
8. Brink Brewing - Cincinnati, Ohio
Photo by Brink Brewing via Facebook
7. Seventh Son Brewing - Columbus, Ohio
Photo by Seventh Son via Facebook
6. Platform Beer Co - Cleveland, Ohio
Photo by Platform Beer Co via Facebook
5. Wolf’s Ridge Brewing - Columbus, Ohio
Photo by Wolf’s Ridge Brewing via Facebook
4. Taft's Ale House - Cincinnati, Ohio
Photo by Taft's Ale House via Facebook
3. Rhinegeist Brewery - Cincinnati, Ohio
Photo by Rhinegeist via Facebook
2. Yellow Springs Brewery - Yellow Springs, Ohio
Photo by Yellow Springs Brewery on Facebook
1. Urban Artifact - Cincinnati, Ohio
Photo by Urban Artifact via Facebook
Did your favorite Ohio brewery make it onto our list? Let us know via the form below.
Featured Photo by HiHO Brewing via Facebook
I scream, you scream, we all scream for... you know the rest. ICE CREAM! We have a livelong love for Ohio's locally made ice creams. From super creamy classics to modern spiked flavors, Ohio has an ice cream shop for everyone. We made a list of our favorites. Here is our list of the 20 Best Ice Cream Shops in Ohio.
20. Piccadilly Artisan Creamery - Cleveland, Ohio
Photo by Piccadilly Artisan Creamery via Facebook
19. Mr G's Barn - Toledo, Ohio
Photo by Mr G's Barn via Facebook
18. Mason’s Creamery - Cleveland, Ohio
Photo by @bre_cheezin via Instagram
17. Buzzed Bull Creamery - Cincinnati, Ohio
Photo by Buzzed Bull Creamery via Facebook
16. Dietsch Brothers - Findlay, Ohio
15. Tremont Scoops - Cleveland, Ohio
Photo by Tremont Scoops via Facebook
14. Mardi Gras Homemade Ice Cream - Columbus, Ohio
13. Cowhaus Creamery - Oberlin, Ohio
Photo by Cowhaus Creamery via Facebook
12. Tom's Ice Cream Bowl - Zanesville, Ohio
Photo by Becca W. via Yelp
11. Hello Honey - Cincinnati, Ohio
Photo by Mimi B. via Yelp
10. Aglamesis Bros - Cincinnati, Ohio
Photo by Aglamesis Brothers on Facebook
9. Pav's Creamery - Akron, Ohio
Photo by Pav's Creamery on Facebook
8. Z's Cream & Bean - Hinckley, Ohio
7. Young's Jersey Dairy - Yellow Springs, Ohio
Photo by Karuna Z. via Yelp
6. Sweet Moses - Cleveland, Ohio
Photo by Sweet Moses via Yelp
5. Velvet Ice Cream - Utica, Ohio
Photo by Velvet Ice Cream via Facebook
4. Honey Hut Ice Cream - Cleveland, Ohio
Photo by Honey Hut Ice Cream via Facebook
3. Graeter's Ice Cream - Cincinnati, Ohio
Photo by Graeter's Ice Cream via Facebook
2. Mitchell's Homemade Ice Cream - Cleveland, Ohio
Photo by Mitchell's Homemade Ice Cream via Facebook
1. Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream - Columbus, Ohio
Photos by Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream via Facebook
Did your favorite local Ice Cream Shop make our list? Submit your favorite via the form below.
Featured photo byJeni's Splendid Ice Cream
We never turn down a good taco. From authentic Mexican cuisine to modern fusion flavors, Ohio has some of the best fresh taco shops around. Have you ever wondered where to find the best tacos in Ohio? Look no further. Here is our list of 20 Tasty Taco Shops in Ohio.
20. Nada - Cincinnati, Ohio
Photo by Nada via eatdrinknada.com
19. Taqueria Tres Hermanos - Dayton, Ohio
Photo by Taqueria Tres Hermanos via Facebook
18. Uncle Tito's Mexican Grill - Akron, Ohio
Photo by Uncle Tito's Mexican Grill via Facebook
17. Camino - Cleveland, Ohio
Photo by Camino via Facebook
16. Taqueria La Loma - Akron, Ohio
Photo by C D. on Yelp
15. Tapatias Taqueria - Cleveland, Ohio
14. Chiapas Mexican Grill - Dayton, Ohio
13. Barrio - Cleveland, Ohio
Photo by Barrio via Facebook
12. Guerra's Krazy Taco - Springfield, Ohio
Photo by Guerra's Krazy Taco via Facebook
11. Fresco Mexican Grill & Salsa Bar - Kent, Ohio
Photo by Fresco Mexican Grill & Salsa Bar via Facebook
10. Taqueria Mixteca - Dayton, Ohio
Photo by Nicole D. via Yelp
9. Condado - Columbus, Ohio
Photo by Condado via Facebook
8. Cuco's Taqueria - Columbus, Ohio
Photo by Cuco's Taqueria via Facebook
7. El Camino - Cincinnati, Ohio
Photo by El Camino via Facebook
6. La Super Torta - Columbus, Ohio
Photo by Niki V. via Yelp
5. Gomez Salsa - Cincinnati, Ohio
4. OH Taco - Sandusky, Ohio
Photo by Oh Taco via Facebook
3. Bakersfield - Cincinnati, Ohio
Photo by Bakersfield via Facebook
2. La Plaza Supermarket - Cleveland, Ohio
1. Mazunte - Cincinnati, Ohio
Photo by Mazunte via Facebook
Did your local taco spot make our list? Send us your favorite Ohio taco places via the form below.
Art enlightens us. It speaks to our souls. Artists communicate their culture, identity, thoughts and feelings through their creations. Often works of art mean different things to different people. That is what makes it so beautiful. We are lucky that Ohio has some of the world's best Art Museums! Here is our list of 20 Enlightening Art Museums in Ohio.
20. Taft Museum of Art - Cincinnati, Ohio
Photo by Taft Museum of Art via Facebook
19. Decorative Arts Center of Ohio - Lancaster, Ohio
18. Massillon Museum - Massillon, Ohio
Photo by Massillon Museum via Facebook
17. Springfield Museum of Art - Springfield, Ohio
16. Miami University Art Museum - Oxford, Ohio
15. Wexner Center of the Arts - Columbus, Ohio
14. Zanesville Museum of Art - Zanesville, Ohio
13. Fitton Center For Creative Arts - Hamilton, Ohio
12. Allen Memorial Art Museum - Oberlin, Ohio
11. Canton Museum of Art - Canton, Ohio
Photo by Canton Museum of Art on Facebook
10. The Dayton Art Institute - Dayton, Ohio
9. Columbus Museum of Art - Columbus, Ohio
Photo by Columbus Museum of Art via Facebook
8. The Butler Institute of American Art - Youngstown, Ohio
7. Museum of Contemporary Art Cleveland - Cleveland, Ohio
Photo by Museum of Contemporary Art Cleveland via Facebook
6. 21c Museum Hotel - Cincinnati, Ohio
Photo of Deborah Berke Partners via Facebook
5. Cincinnati Art Museum - Cincinnati, Ohio
Photo by Cincinnati Art Museum via Facebook
4. Akron Art Museum - Akron, Ohio
Photo by Akron Art Museum via Facebook
3. Cleveland Museum of Art - Cleveland, Ohio
2. Contemporary Arts Center - Cincinnati, Ohio
1. Toledo Museum of Art - Toledo, Ohio
Photo by Toledo Museum of Art via Facebook
Did your favorite Ohio Art Museum make our list? Submit your local Art Museum via the form below.
We are always on the hunt for the perfect pizza. Luckily, Ohio has some of the best pizza shops in the world so we do not ever have to travel far. We asked our Instagram followers to tell us their favorite pizza places which helped us create our list. Get ready to take a pizza road trip around Ohio to try these 20 Sizzling Pizza Places in Ohio.
20. Mohio - Delaware, Ohio
19. Brimfield Bread Oven - Kent, Ohio
18. Dewey's Pizza - Cincinnati, Ohio
17. Wheat Penny - Dayton, Ohio
16. Two Cities Pizza - Mason, Ohio
15. 3 Palms Pizzeria - Hudson, Ohio
14. Park Street Pizza - Sugarcreek, Ohio
13. Cocca's Pizza Boardman - Youngstown, Ohio
12. Goodfellas Pizzeria - Cincinnati, Ohio
11. 5th Street Pub - Perrysburg, Ohio
10. Angelo's - Lakewood, Ohio
9. Forno Kitchen + Bar
8. Citizen Pie - Cleveland, Ohio
7. Paulie Gee's Short North - Columbus, Ohio
6. Mia Bella Restaurant - Cleveland, Ohio
5. Crust - Cleveland, Ohio
4. Harlow’s - Lakewood, Ohio
3. Old Scratch Pizza - Dayton, Ohio
2. A Tavola Bar + Trattoria - Cincinnati, Ohio
1. Harvest Pizzeria - Columbus & Cincinnati, Ohio
Did your favorite local pizza shop make our list? Tell us your favorite Ohio pizza places via the form below.
Featured Photo by Harlow's Pizza
Ohio has some of the best donut shops in the world. We make sure to stop and try local donuts during all of our adventures across Ohio. Here is our list of 20 Delicious Donut Shops in Ohio.
20. Marcella's Doughnuts & Bakery - Amelia, Ohio
19. Lil Donut Factory - Hilliard, Ohio
18.Becker's Donuts - Fairview Park, Ohio
17. Crispie Creme Donuts (The Original) - Chillicothe, Ohio
16. Donut Lab Food Truck - Cleveland, Ohio
15. The Donut Experiment - Dublin, Ohio
14. Jupiter Coffee and Donuts - Fairfield, Ohio
13. Amy's Donuts - Columbus, Ohio
12. Destination Donuts - Columbus, Ohio
11. Oxford Doughnut Shoppe - Oxford, Ohio
10. Buckeye Donuts - Columbus, Ohio
9. Holey Toledough - Toledo, Ohio
8. Duck Donuts - Dayton, Ohio
7. Bill's Donuts - Centerville, Ohio
6. Bear Creek Donuts - Miamisburg, Ohio
5. Peace, Love and Little Donuts - Cleveland, Ohio
4. Tupelo Doughnuts - Clintonville, Ohio
3. Brewnuts - Cleveland, Ohio
2. The Vegan Doughnut Company - Lakewood, Ohio
1. Holtman’s Donuts - Cincinnati, Ohio
Did your local Ohio donut shop make our list? Tell us your favorite via the form below.
Food trucks are one of the best ways to try delicious local foods and delicacies all over the world. Ohio has some of the best food trucks. Take a foodie adventure to try all of these amazing eateries. Here is our list of 8 Must Find Food Trucks in Ohio.
8. Tin Man Grill - Cincinnati, Ohio
7. The Square Scullery - Akron, Ohio
6. Hott Mess Express - Cincinnati, Ohio
5. Best Thing Smokin - Cincinnati, Ohio
4. Sophies Pierogi - Columbus, Ohio
3. Fetty's Street Food - Columbus, Ohio
2. Red Sesame - Cincinnati, Ohio
1. The Little Kitchen Food Truck - Columbus, Ohio
Did your favorite Ohio food trucks make our list? Tell us your favorites via the form below.
Macarons are delicious bite-sized desserts. Have you ever wondered where to find these delicacies in Ohio? Look no further. Here is our list of 10 Places To Find Amazing Macarons in Ohio.
10. Kelsey Elizabeth Cakes - Rocky River, Ohio
9. Michelle's Macarons - New Bremen, Ohio
8. KB Confections - Lakewood, Ohio
7. Bake Me Treats - Poland, Ohio
6. Bonjour Macarons - Dayton, Ohio
5. Buona Terra - Cincinnati, Ohio
4. Le Torte Dolci - Springfield, Ohio
3. Coquette Patisserie - Cleveland, Ohio
2. Pistacia Vera - Columbus, Ohio
1. Macaron Bar - Cincinnati, Ohio
Featured Photo of Macaron Bar by Anjali Fong Photography
Ault Park is one of Ohio's most beautiful parks. You can see panoramic views for miles around from the center pavilion. One of the things that makes this park so special is its beautiful display of blooms as the trees bloom in the Spring. We make it a yearly tradition to visit this park during peak blooming season.
We love following local bloggers on Instagram. These awesome Ohioans are always exploring cool spaces and delicious restaurants. No matter your style or taste, you can find an Ohio blogger to connect with. We compiled a list of 25 Ohio Bloggers to Follow on Instagram. These are some of the best bloggers in Ohio. Follow them and come along on their Ohio adventures!
25. Hummusapien - @hummusapien - Columbus, Ohio
24. Cle Vegan - @cle_vegan - Cleveland, Ohio
23. The Samantha Show - @samantha_show_ - Cleveland, Ohio
22. My Life From Home - @mylifefromhome - Cincinnati, Ohio
21. Whole Living Lauren - @wholelivinglauren - Columbus, Ohio
20. My Versatile Style - @itsmemeach - Cleveland, Ohio
19. Eating Books - @eatingb00ks - Columbus, Ohio
18. Girl About Columbus - @girlaboutcolumbus - Columbus, Ohio
17. Two Girls One Cbus - @twogirlsonecbus - Columbus, Ohio
16. An Explorer's Heart - @anexplorersheart - Columbus, Ohio
15. DDOTTS - @ddotts_ - Cincinnati, Ohio
14. Kasual Life - @kasuallife - Columbus, Ohio
13. Are You Kitchen Me - @areyoukitchenme - Columbus, Ohio
12. Columbus Foodie - @columbus_foodie - Columbus, Ohio
11. Queen City Foodie - @queencityfoodie - Cincinnati, Ohio
10. Merlot & Chat - @merlotandchat - Dayton, Ohio
9. Eat Play Cbus - @eatplaycbus - Columbus, Ohio
8. That's What She Eats - @thatswhatsheeats - Cleveland, Ohio
7. Vino In The Village - @emilyvdw - Columbus, Ohio
6. Simply Taylor - @simplytaylorblog - Columbus, Ohio
5. Foods of Jane - @foodsofjane - Cleveland, Ohio
4. Our City House - @ourcityhouse - Cincinnati, Ohio
3. Breakfast With Nick - @breakfastwithnick - Columbus, Ohio
2. Out + Outfit - @outandoutfit - Cincinnati, Ohio
1. Natalie Was Here - @nataliefolchi - Columbus, Oho
Did your favorite Ohio bloggers make our list? Tell us your favorites via the form below.
Featured Photo by @nataliefolchi
Ohio has some of the best coffee shops in the world. Last year, we toured Ohio to visit our followers' favorite coffee spots. During our adventure, we found that Ohio has some amazing coffee shops! Here is our list of 10 Hot Coffee Shops in Ohio.
10. Cheapside Cafe - Cincinnati, Ohio
9. Six Shooter Coffee - Cleveland, Ohio
8. Maddie & Bella Coffee Roasters - Perrysburg, Ohio
7. Sure House Coffee - Wooster, Ohio
6. The Roosevelt Coffeehouse - Columbus, Ohio
5. Paper City Coffee - Chillicothe, Ohio
4. Coffee Emporium - Cincinnati, Ohio
3. Urbana Cafe - Cincinnati, Ohio
2. Rising Star Coffee Roasters Hingetown - Cleveland, Ohio
1. Rustbelt Coffee - Toledo, Ohio
Did your favorite coffeehouse make the cut? Tell us your favorite coffee shops in Ohio via the form below.
We certainly believe that nature makes us happier, healthier, and more creative! At Ohio Explored, we like to spend as much time in nature as possible. It heals our minds and bodies. That is why we are so excited about this upcoming event at Cincinnati Nature Center!Read More
This is a guest blog post written by Alyssa Rodgers, The Mexitalian
Growing up, my mom’s side of the family always celebrated our Italian culture. Lucky for me, a lot of that celebration involved really delicious food. When I moved to Cleveland last year I was so pleased to find so much great Italian food and culture. From Little Italy to modern Italian restaurants there are a ton of Italian food gems in Cleveland and the surrounding area. While this is certainly not an exhaustive list, here are several of the wonderful local Italian spots.
First up, I absolutely must mention Cleveland’s own Little Italy on the east side of town. A popular spot for tourists and locals alike there are a range of shops, restaurants, and cafes in the neighborhood. It’s especially lovely on summer evenings when patios are full and the music is flowing. Mia Bella on the corner of Mayfield and Murray Hill is a well known spot for their creamy tortellini. If you are looking for a quick ingredient or sandwich, Murray Hill Market is just what you need. They offer a small selection of groceries, beer and wine. Their fresh-made Italian sandwiches really hit the spot, with options like porchetta, eggplant parmesan, and roast beef with Italian peppers and provolone.
When it comes to bakeries in Little Italy, there are strong feelings from those who are team Presti’s Bakery and those who are team Corbo’s Bakery, two bakeries just down the street from one another. I happen to be team let’s have both! I love that you can have a sandwich or hot dish from the prepared food’s case at Presti’s along with a lovely pastry or a fresh-filled cannoli and a seriously good pepperoni roll from Corbo’s.
Word on the street is that some of the restaurants in Little Italy source their pasta from Ohio City Pasta. Ohio City Pasta makes a huge variety of fresh pasta noodles and ravioli with flavors like lemon pepper pappardelle, and garlic chive linguini. You can find their pasta all around town in local shops, many grocery stores, farmer’s markets throughout northeast Ohio, and always at the West Side Market. Their delicious pasta will make for the perfect Italian feast at home.
Little Italy isn’t the only place around town for an Italian meal.
In the flats is relative new comer, Lago East Bank at the base of the Aloft Hotel. The space is small but the food is solid. Their meatballs are tender and super flavorful, a perfect appetizer or side. They also offer an extensive happy hour to fill you up without breaking the bank.
Dante Boccuzzi is one of Cleveland’s most well-know chefs as he has been named one of the top chefs in the US. You can try his Italian food (he has several other restaurants as well) at Dante Next-Door in Tremont, The D.C. Pasta Co. in Strongsville, or grab a pizza and play some bocce at Dante’s Inferno in The Flats.
Another house hold name is Cleveland is Zack Bruell and his downtown spot Chinato is another option for Italian in the city. This upscale 4th street spot provides a modern, upscale take on Italian food with hearty dishes like beef osso bucco with risotto, and paccheri, a large tube-shaped pasta, with squid and broccoli rabe.
A bit more off the beaten path is Luca Italian Cuisine. The restaurant is known for being cozy and full of character, and the food hearty and delicious. Try the calamari, white truffle and ricotta stuffed pasta, or the pollo alla piccata, chicken with a white wine, lemon, and caper sauce.
The rest of northeast Ohio is not without good Italian food. Flour, an Italian kitchen in Moreland Hills, offers a really special Italian Sunday brunch. For the full communal Italian experience, go with the whole family for a special brunch out. The pepperoni biscuits and gravy is something special, or you can opt for a big bowl of Bolognese, or a wood-fired breakfast pizza, because Italian food is good at any time of the day.
Finally, I couldn’t miss the perfect place to buy all of your Italian food needs. From imported ingredients, such as the the simplest and tasty semolina crackers, to a range of cured meats, Gallucci’s has everything you need. You can stop in and grab ingredients like fresh pasta sheets and ricotta to make your own lasagna, or frozen meals made in-house that you can enjoy with much less work. Try stopping in at lunch during the week and you will find a line almost out the door for one of their sandwiches or hot lunch counter specials. The Gus Galluci Company has been sharing fine Italian goods with Clevelanders for over 100 years and is truly something special.
We have been following Sunny Meade Alpaca Farm on Facebook ever since we saw our first video of Baby Tut flopping around in their field. Sunny Meade is an alpaca farm located in Swanton, Ohio. They post daily wonderful videos of their happy Alpacas on their Facebook page. During our last trip to Northwestern Ohio, we took some extra time to meet these beautiful creatures and their keepers.
We learned the Sunny Meade Alpaca Farm has been in business for 19 years! Owner, Julie, was a graphic designer that fell in love with a baby Alpaca while working on an Alpaca logo. She says the rest was history. Along with her husband, Julie cares of these beautiful animals.
Along with raising and caring for the alpacas, Julie also has her own art studio where she creates beautiful pieces from alpaca fibers. She offers classes to local crafters!
Products from Sunny Meade Alpaca Farm feature a photo of the Alpaca that contributed fiber to your item! You can even meet your special Alpaca at the farm.
We always love exploring Toledo. From Oak Openings Preserve to Maumee Bay State Park, Toledo has everything that an adventurous soul desires. However, we always find it difficult to find somewhere to stay during our Toledo trips. When we heard about the new Renaissance Hotel in Downtown Toledo, we knew we had to check it out.
The Toledo Renaissance Hotel features a roof top bar, a top rated restaurant, and beautiful city views. We enjoyed relaxing in the hotel after a day full of adventures.
We stayed on the highest residential floor during our visit to the Toledo Renaissance Hotel. Our room allowed us to see stunning views of Toledo, as far as the eye could see.
When we woke up, our views had turned foggy but just as beautiful. We loved seeing Toledo from a new view point.
We have been big fans of subscription meal services since they came into existence. Often, we are too busy exploring Ohio, that we don't have time to go grocery shopping or cook healthy food. We have tried Blue Apron, Hello Fresh, Purple Carrot, and Plated. All of which failed to meet our expectations. The food was either damaged or delivered late consistently. Once the food was delivered, we still had to spend at least 1 hour cooking. Plus, it was impossible to eat locally while subscribing to out of state food services like those mentioned above. So when we found Sprinly, we were thrilled!
Sprinly is an organic meal plan service based in Cleveland, Ohio. They create healthy meals and deliver them to their clients on a weekly basis.
Our first Sprinly order arrived in a beautiful box and we couldn't wait to open it. They keep the food fresh and cool by using environmentally friendly frozen packaging. We opened the box to find a week's worthy of healthy prepared meals ready to be stored and then devoured at will. We have to admit that having healthy meals readily available saved us so much time! As vegetarians, we also appreciated that all of the meals were plant based. After falling in love with Sprinly we asked the owners, Mary & Ray, to tell us more about their story!
Tell us more about Sprinly & your background.
Our focus is all around making healthy eating as convenient as possible, so we worked with nutritionists and a doctor focused on plant-based nutrition to ensure that our meals are honestly healthy and we partnered with FedEx to ship our meals via overnight service in a refrigerated box with a biodegradable insulating liner to make sure our clients receive them as fresh as possible. Even more, we use organic ingredients, no refined sugars, no artificial ingredients or preservatives, and all of our meals are gluten-free! Currently, we have two weekly plans available: 12 meals for $199 or 6 meals for $109. Many of our clients either bring our healthy meals to work or enjoy a healthy dinner with a significant other or family during their busy nights at home. An interesting tidbit is that the majority of our clients are actually not vegan - they're mostly individuals who understand the positive health impacts of eating more vegetables and want to incorporate more of that into their diet as they look to eat healthier.
How did Sprinly come to be?
About three years ago, my girlfriend and I both decided to quit our finance and tech jobs in San Francisco, without a backup plan. Mary and I are both planners, so up to that point, we always knew our next step, but this time was different. We were going to take a trip and backpack around the world, with no end date and no itinerary. During our trip, we immersed ourselves in each country and found ourselves meditating with monks in Thailand, visiting rural villages in China, and sleeping under the stars in the Amazon rainforest. It was the most inspiring and enlightening adventure we’ve ever been on, and it was incredibly humbling. After our travels, we stopped in Cleveland, where I grew up, to visit my family and to figure out our next steps. We had initially planned on looking for new jobs in the startup world of Silicon Valley, but we were taught a memorable lesson from a monk in Japan during one of our meditation retreats. He was our age, and he opened his heart to us one night. He told us that he truthfully didn’t want to be a monk, but in order to honor his father and carry on his family tradition, he was obligated to live as a monk for the rest of his life. A monk forever. He kept reminding us that we were incredibly fortunate to have the freedom to pursue our passions. That stuck with us.
Our whole lives, Mary and I have always been passionate about living a healthy lifestyle (exercising, eating right, meditating…etc.), and while we were in Cleveland, we faced one particular problem: we couldn’t get a meal that was both convenient and healthy. Without preparing meals for lunch every day or cooking every single night, this simply wasn’t possible. Even more, we were tired of all the "healthy" claims in stores and restaurants when we knew by looking at the ingredients that those meals were not honestly healthy. The word, "healthy," has evolved to become more of a marketing claim, and that bothered us.
We knew we couldn’t be the only ones having trouble getting a convenient, honestly nutritious meal. This, along with our desire to have a positive impact with our career, is what inspired Sprinly. This is why we decided to design each meal with nutrition in mind first and why we work with nutritionists and doctors. This is why our service is plant-based, because we know that if we want to have the biggest healthful impact possible in our country, it has to start with Americans eating more vegetables. This is why we decided to make Sprinly a delivery service, so we can reach more people and make healthy eating as convenient as possible. And this is why our long-term vision is to serve the entire country, because if traveling has taught us one thing, it’s that we’re all similar, no matter where we live, and Mary & I believe that location shouldn’t prevent anyone from having access to convenient, honestly nutritious meals. Our mission is to spread health and create happiness - we want to give people their time back and make it as easy as possible for others to live a healthier, happier life.
In line with our mission, with meals purchased, we donate to mission-driven non-profits who share similar values. From day 1, we made the decision to build a socially-aware business, and we believe that by working together, we can have a larger impact and create a healthier world. We are still just starting, but we've put our life savings into this, and we’re committed to creating something meaningful - something that will have a lasting positive impact on people's lives, and we believe that starts with one of our most priceless and underappreciated assets: our health.
Yellow Springs, Ohio is a Midwest Gem. Tucked in between local produce fields and natural wonders, this small town is like a dream. Here is a list of our 10 Reasons To Visit Yellow Springs.
10. Enjoy beautiful waterfalls at Clifton Mills & Glen Helen
9. Shop local at unique Ohio businesses
8. It's an artists paradise
7. The streets are lined with lovely artwork
6. See an award winning movie at Little Art Theater
5. You can bring the kids!
4. Recycling is a priority and even the trash cans are made of art
3. Pick up fresh local flowers & produce
2. Businesses are welcoming to all people
1. It is one of the coolest places in Ohio
There are so many fun things to do in and around Yellow Springs! Make sure to visit John Bryan State Park while you are in the area!